Prior to committing to an event, list your goals and objectives.
- Who is your ideal client avatar (ICA)?
- What are their issues? What solutions can you offer?
- How much are you willing to spend for one ICA?
- Do you have the time and energy to commit? What impression do you want to leave?
Immediately following the event, put aside time for a thorough post mortem.
- Return on Objectives
- Event Revenue including but not limited to books, products, services
- Email contact list
- New referral partners and strategic alliances
- New client follow up-Are they ready to commit?
- Return on Opportunities
- Save the dates
- Future event registration
- Engage with new contacts
Be clear and honest when determining your Return on Investment (ROI) for a show. Did you move the needle?